Deceased Person Discovered on Askew Lane

At approximately 2:40 p.m. yesterday Raleigh Police Department officers and detectives responded to 2602 Askew Lane. The call involved two residents of that address who had been overcome by carbon monoxide fumes resulting from a vehicle that had been left running in the garage of the residence.

The female resident, Sarah Fernside Tanner, 64, was pronounced dead at the scene. The male resident, James Mahan Tanner Jr., 64, was transported to Duke Hospital in Durham for treatment of his exposure-related injuries.

No foul play is suspected in the case.

Based upon the current findings of the investigation, it does not appear that a remote vehicle- starting device played a role in the exposures.

No comments:

Post a Comment